These are instructions on how to extract the contents of a .nb0 Firmware using the NB0 Tools on Windows Computer.
An nb0 file is different from a standard zip file. Therefore, you cannot use 7zip or any other zip program to extract it. A developer from the XDA forums has developed a program called NB0 Tools FIH Mobile to extract the contents of the nb0 file. It can read and unpack the contents of the .nb0 file, giving you access to individual files (such as system, boot, modem, etc.).
Extract Contents of .nb0 File/Firmware
- Download .nb0 based Firmware on your Computer (if in case you have already downloaded the .nb0 Firmware, then SKIP this Step or else you can find the .nb0 based Stock Firmware on FirmwareFile or through Google).
- Download and Extract NB0 Tools on your Computer. Once the tool is extracted, you will be able to see the following files:
- Double-Click on the NB0 Tools FIH Mobile v3.4.exe file to Launch the Tool.
- Once the tool is launched, you will be able to see the following Window:
- Click on Select NB0 File Button and locate the .nb0 Firmware on your Computer:
- Now, the tool will list out the contents of NB0 Firmware.
- Click on the Unpack Button:
- Locate the Folder where you want to save the contents of NB0 Firmware.
- Once the Extracting process is completed, Click on Done Button.
- Close the Tool and Open the folder (where you saved the files) to see the Extracted Files.
Congratulations! You just learned to extract the contents of the nb0 file. And by using the above method, you can now extract every nb0 firmware out there.
[*] We have used the Sharp Aquos S3 Firmware to create the above tutorial. Since it’s a Qualcomm Device, the extracted contents of the nb0 file can also be installed on the mobile using the QFIL/QPST Flash Tool.
[*] Extract System.img: If you want to learn to extract the contents of a system.img file, then head over to the How-to extract system.img file page.
[*] Extract KDZ File: If you want to learn to extract the contents of .kdz file, then head over to the How-to extract KDZ file page.
[*] Credits: Big thanks to heneken (xda developer) for creating the tool. Without using the NB0 Tools FIH Mobile Tool, the above tutorial was not possible.