How to use MTK Extractor
Updated on March 27, 2020
These are the instructions to extract the contents of any IMG file using the MTK Extractor Tool on Windows Computer.
Requirements: To follow the following instructions, you need to have the .img file on the computer. You can get the .img file in any MediaTek firmware.
Extract contents of .IMG file using MTK Extractor
- Download and extract MTK Extractor on the computer. After extracting, you will be able to see the following files:
- Open MTK Extractor.exe.
- Once the tool is launched, you will be able to see the following window on your screen:
- Click on the Browser button.
- Locate the .img file on your computer (assuming you have already downloaded it on your computer, if in case you didn’t have the .img file then you can download this firmware).
- Once you have successfully added the .img file, Click on the Start button to begin the extracting process.
- Now, extracting process will take few minutes to get completed (depending on the size of .img file, it may take up to 3-5 minutes).
- Once, extracting process is completed, you will be able to see the Green Tick on the screen.
- Now, You will be able to see the extracted files under the MTK Extracter files:
[*] Compatibility: It is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (x32 or x64 bit).
[*] Supports: MTK Extracter also allows you to extract the contents of system.new.dat, system.img, boot.img, recovery.img.
[*] It also allows you to repack the extracted files into the system.img, system.new.dat, boot.img, recovery.img.
[*] Alternative Method: You can also extract the contents of any img file using the Ext4 Unpacker.
[*] Credits: MTK Extractor is created and distributed by Mr. Le Hau (senior developer). So, full credit goes to him for sharing the application for free.