These are instructions on how to use the SamFirm Tool to download the Samsung Stock Firmware (ROM) on the Windows Computer.
Requirements: You need to know the exact model number of your Samsung Device (check from Settings > About) and the Region Code (from where you bought the device).
Download Samsung Firmware using SamFirm Tool
- Download and extract the SamFirm Tool on the Computer. If in case you have already downloaded the tool, then SKIP this step.
- After extracting the SamFirm, you will be able to see the following files on your computer:
- Now, Open SamFirm.exe on your computer:
- Once SamFirm is Launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, Select the Auto Checkbox:
- Now, Under the Model Number you need to Write the Model Number of your device (example: SM-N960F is the model number of Galaxy Note 9):
- Now, Under the Region, write the Region Code of your country (example: INS or INU is the region code of India).
- Now, Click on the Check update button:
- Now, SamFirm will show the latest Firmware of your device (you will see the complete file name, Version and File Size).
- Now, Click on the Download button to Start the Downloading process.
- Now, Choose the Location where you want to save the Firmware on your Computer:
- Now, the Downloading process will start automatically and may take a couple of minutes to complete (depends on the firmware size and your internet speed).
- Once the Downloading process is completed, the Decrypting process will start automatically and may take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the Decrypting Process is completed, Close the SamFirm Tool.
- Now, Open the Firmware location where you saved the firmware in Step#10 (example: we saved the firmware in Desktop > SamFirm > SM-N960F):
- Now, you need to extract the final zip firmware on the computer, and you will be able to get the tar.md5 file.
- Now use Odin Downloader Tool to Flash the Firmware on your Samsung Device.
[*] How to Flash Firmware: If you want to learn to Flash the Stock Firmware, then head over to How to Flash Samsung Stock ROM using Odin page.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for Stock Firmware for your Samsung Device then head over to the Download Samsung Stock Firmware (all models) page.
[*] Samsung Combination Firmware: If you are looking for Combination Firmware for your Samsung Device then head over to the Download Samsung Combination Firmware (all models) page.
[*] Samsung USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver, then head over to the Samsung USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: SamFirm was created and distributed by zxz0O0 (xda developer). So, full credit goes to him for sharing the Application for free.