These are the instructions to flash or install Samsung Stock ROM (firmware) on Samsung Devices using Odin Downloader Tool.
Caution: Flashing or installing firmware (ROM) using the Odin Download Tool, will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you take a backup of your data before using the tool.
Flash or Install Samsung Stock ROM (firmware) using Odin Downloader
- Download and install Samsung USB Driver on the computer. If in case you have already installed the Samsung Drivers on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download Samsung Firmware (compatible with your device; if you have already downloaded the firmware, then avoid downloading it again) and extract it on the computer. After extracting, you will be able to see similar files:
- Power Off your Samsung Device:
- Now, you have to boot the device into the Download mode. To boot into the Download Mode: Press and Hold Volume Down, Home and Power button. When the phone vibrates Leave the Power button, but Keep on holding the Volume Down and Home Button till you boot into the Download Mode.
- In the Download Mode, you will be able to see a Warning Yellow Triangle Sign. In that situation you have to press the Volume up button to continue.
- Download and extract Odin Tool on your computer. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Open Odin3 and connect your Samsung Device to the computer.
- Once you have connected the device to the computer, Odin will automatically recognize the device and show Added message in the lower-left log area.
- Once your device is detected by the Odin Tool, click on the “PDA” button and select the tar.md5 file that you have extracted in Step #2.
- Now, click on the “Start” button in Odin to begin the Flashing process.
- Once you see, the Green Pass Message then remove the USB cable from the device (during this process, your device will restart automatically).
- Your Samsung Device will now stuck at boot (boot loop). Now, You have to boot into Stock Recovery Mode, To Enable Stock Recovery mode: Press and Hold Volume UP, Home, Power button. When the phone vibrates Leave the Power button but Keep on holding the Volume UP and Home button till you boot into the Recovery Mode.
- In the Recovery Mode, Select Wipe Data/factory reset:
- Once the Cache Data is cleared, Select Restart Phone Now from the recovery menu.
- Now, your Samsung Device will restart without any issue with the Stock ROM you have downloaded.
[*] Data Loss Process: Flashing Stock ROM is always a data loss procedure. Therefore, we recommend you take a backup of your personal data before flashing the Stock ROM.
[*] Flashing Stock ROM or Downgrading Stock ROM does not void your Phone warranty.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Samsung Stock Firmware page.
[*] Samsung USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Samsung USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: Samsung Mobility LLC creates Odin Downloader tool. So full credit goes to them for sharing the tool for free.