How to use SP MultiPort Download Tool
Updated on August 4, 2021 | Written by Rajesh Patel
These are the instructions to flash the Stock ROM (firmware) on Mediatek Devices using SP MultiPort Download Tool on Windows Computer.
Requirements: Your Mediatek Device should have at least 20-30 percent of battery to perform the flashing process.
Flash Stock ROM using SP MultiPort Download Tool
- Download and install Android CDC Driver on your computer (if Android CDC Driver is already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step).
- Power Off your Mediatek Device and remove the battery.
- Download the Stock Firmware of your Mediatek Device and extract it on the computer (you can find Stock Firmware on FirmwareFile or through Google).
- Download and extract SP MultiPort Download Tool on your Computer. After Extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Now Open SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe to Launch the Tool.
- Once, SP Multi Port Download Tool is launched you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, Click on File Menu and Select Open Download Agent File.
Now, locate the MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin file from the SP MultiPort Download Tool Folder.
- Now, Click on Select File Button and locate the Scatter File from the Firmware Folder.
- Now, Tick BootRom+PreLoader COM Sel All.
- Now, Click on Start All Button to Begin the Flashing Process.
- Now, Press and Hold the Volume UP Button on your Device and Connect it to the Computer using the USB cable.
- Now, SP MultiPort will automatically detect your device and start the Flashing Process.
- Once Flashing Process is completed, you will be able to see Green DL OK.
[*] Caution: We do not recommend you to flash the preloader.bin file using the SP MultiPort Tool as it may brick the device. Therefore, always untick the preloader.bin option before Starting the Flashing Process.
[*] Alternative Tool: SP Flash Tool and BirdA Flash Tool are the best alternatives to SP MultiPort Tool. Both allows you to Flash scatter based Firmware on the Mediatek Devices.
[*] Mediatek USB Driver: If you are looking for the original Mediatek USB Driver, then head over to the MTK Driver AutoInstaller page.
[*] Credits: SP MultiPort Tool is created and distributed by Mediatek, Inc. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the Application for free.