How to use SP MultiPort Download Tool
Updated on September 1, 2020
These are the instructions to flash the Stock ROM (firmware) on Mediatek Devices using SP MultiPort Download Tool on Windows Computer.
Requirements: Your Mediatek Device should have at least 20-30 percent of battery to perform the flashing process.
Flash Stock ROM using SP MultiPort Download Tool
- Download and install Android CDC Driver on your computer (if Android CDC Driver is already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step).
- Power Off your Mediatek Device and remove the battery.
- Download the Stock Firmware of your Mediatek Device and extract it on the computer (you can find Stock Firmware on FirmwareFile or through Google).
- Download and extract SP MultiPort Download Tool on your Computer. After Extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Now Open SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe to Launch the Tool.
- Once, SP Multi Port Download Tool is launched you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, Click on File Menu and Select Open Download Agent File.
Now, locate the MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin file from the SP MultiPort Download Tool Folder.
- Now, Click on Select File Button and locate the Scatter File from the Firmware Folder.
- Now, Tick BootRom+PreLoader COM Sel All.
- Now, Click on Start All Button to Begin the Flashing Process.
- Now, Press and Hold Volume UP Button on your Device and Connect it to the Computer using the USB cable.
- Now, SP MultiPort will automatically detect your device and start the Flashing Process.
- Once Flashing Process is completed you will be able to see Green DL OK.
[*] Caution: We do not recommend you to flash the preloader.bin file using the SP MultiPort Tool as it may brick the device. Therefore, always untick the preloader.bin option before Starting the Flashing Process.
[*] Alternative Tool: SP Flash Tool and BirdA Flash Tool are the best alternatives to SP MultiPort Tool. Both allows you to Flash scatter based Firmware on the Mediatek Devices.
[*] Mediatek USB Driver: If you are looking for the original Mediatek USB Driver, then head over to the MTK Driver AutoInstaller page.
[*] Credits: SP MultiPort Tool is created and distributed by Mediatek, Inc. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the Application for free.