How to use BirdA Flash Tool
Updated on December 17, 2020
These are the instructions to Flash Stock Firmware on Mediatek Devices using the BirdA Flash Tool.
Requirements: Your Mediatek device should have at least 40-50 percent battery to perform the Flashing Process.
Flash Stock Firmware using BirdA Flash Tool
- Download and install Mediatek Driver on the Computer. If in case Mediatek Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download the Stock Firmware (scatter based) of your Mediatek Device and extract it on the computer (you can find Stock Firmware on FirmwareFile or through Google).
- Download and Extract BirdA Tool on Your Computer. Once BirdA Tool is extracted, you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Open flash_tool.exe to launch the tool.
- Once BirdA Tool is launched, Click on the Scatter-Loading Button.
- Now, Locate the Scatter File (you can find the scatter file in the stock firmware of your device).
- Now, Untick the Preloader Checkbox (flashing preloader.bin may brick the device).
- Click on the Download Button to Begin the Flashing Process.
- Connect your Mediatek Device to the Computer using the USB Cable (make sure it is Power Off). After connecting the device to the computer Press Volume Down or Volume Up key, so that your computer can detect the device.
- Once the BirdA Tool detects the Device, it will begin the Flashing Process.
- Once Flashing Process is completed, a Green Ring will appear at the End.
- Now, Close the BirdA Flash Tool on the computer and disconnect your Device.
Congratulations! You just learned to Flash Stock Firmware on Mediatek Devices using the BirdA Tool.
[*] Caution: We do not recommend you to flash the preloader.bin file using the BirdA Tool as it may brick the device. Therefore, always untick the preloader.bin option before Starting the Flashing Process.
[*] Alternative Tool: SP Flash Tool and SP MDT Tool are the best alternatives to BirdA Tool. Both allows you to Flash scatter based Firmware on the Mediatek Devices.
[*] Mediatek USB Driver: If you are looking for the original Mediatek USB Driver, then head over to the MTK Driver AutoInstaller page.
[*] Credits: BirdA Tool is created and distributed by Mediatek, Inc. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the Application for free.