How to root Samsung Galaxy Win I8550
Updated on January 1, 2020
These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy Win I8550 (running on android 4.1.2) using Framaroot Application on Phone itself (this process doesnt need Computer).
Requirements: Your Samsung Galaxy Win I8550 should have at least 10-20 percent of phone battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Samsung Galaxy Win I8550
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Win I8550. To enable the USB debugging: Open Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging > Tap on the Checkbox to Enable it.
(Developer Options is hidden for Android 4.2.2 or above, to show this option Go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number > Tap on it for 5-8 times).
- On your Device, Open Settings > Security > Device Administration >Unknown Sources (tick to enable it).
- Download (v1.8.1) and install Framaroot Application on your Device. Once installation is completed you will be able to see the Framaroot Icon in your Menu.
- Now, Tap on the Framaroot App Icon to Open it.
- Once Framaroot Application is launched you will be able to see the following screen:
- In Framaroot, You will be able to see 2 options i.e Aragorn and Galdalf. Tap on the Galdalf Option.
- Now, you will be able to see the success popup on the Phone Screen.
- Now, you have to restart your Device.
- Now your Samsung Galaxy Win I8550 is Rooted. To check whether your phone is rooted correctly, open Applications Menu, there you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU. If this app exist then it means you have successfully rooted your device.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker Application.
[*] No data loss process: Your Samsung Galaxy Win I8550 Phone Data like contacts, pictures, videos, music and etc will be not affected with the above method.
[*] Device Warranty: Once you full unroot your device through SuperSU, you can claim for the phone warranty. In short no need to worry for phone warranty.
[*] Credits: Framaroot Application is developed by alephzain (XDA Developer).
[*] Alternative Method: If you want another easy way to root Samsung Galaxy Win I8550 then see How to root any Android device using vRoot.