How to root Micromax YU Yureka
Updated on January 1, 2020
These are the instructions to root Micromax YU Yureka (running on cynogen OS 11) using CWM recovery.
Note: Rooting Micromax YU Yureka involves 2 process i.e unlocking the bootloader to flash the cwm recovery. After that flashing the supersu through CWM recovery. So, follow the steps carefully.
Unlocking Micromax YU Yureka Bootloader
- Download and install the ADB Driver on your Windows Computer.
Step 2. Download and extract the root package on your computer. After extracting, you will be able to see the following files on your computer:
- Power off Your Micromax YU Yureka smartphone.
- Now, connect the Micromax YU Yureka smartphone to the computer using the USB cable. Once you have successfully connected your YU Yureka smartphone to the computer then LED light near the top speaker becomes red.
- Now, press and hold the Volume UP Button till the LED glows.
- Now, on your computer open the extracted files folder (#Step 2). Then Press and Hold Shift key from the Keyboard on your computer and Right click anywhere on the screen to select Open Command prompt window here.
- Once Command Prompt window successfully opened, type fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock and hit Enter key from keyboard (this process will delete all the personal data including the internal memory of your phone).
- Now, Your Bootloader is successfully unlocked.
Flashing CWM to root Micromax YU Yureka
- Now, again open the extracted files folder, then press and Hold Shift key from the Keyboard on your computer and Right click anywhere on the screen to select Open Command prompt window here.
- In Command Prompt, type fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img.
- Now, you have successfully flashed the cwm recovery on your Micromax YU Yureka smartphone.
- Power On your YU Yureka smartphone.
- Now, Download the latest SuperSU.
- Now, Copy or Move the downloaded SuperSU.zip file to your Phone SD Memory.
- Again, Power Off your Device.
- Now, you need to boot into cwm recovery mode by pressing volume up + volume down + power button (all three buttons together for 7-8 seconds.
- In CWM recovery mode, Select Install zip from SD card by pressing the power button.
- Now, Select Choose it from internal SD card by pressing the power button.
- Now select the supersu.zip file by pressing the power button.
- Once, Flashing is completed. Reboot through CWM.
Step 21: Now, to make sure you have successfully rooted your Micromax YU Yureka smartphone, open Applications Menu on your Smartphone and Find SuperSU App. If this app exists on your Smartphone, then it means you have successfully rooted your device. Congratulations.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker App.
[*] Data loss process: Your Smartphone Data like contacts, pictures, videos, music and etc will be affected with this method. In short, data loss process.
[*] Micromax Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original Stock Firmware, then head over to the Micromax Stock Firmware page.
[*] Micromax USB Driver: If you are looking for the original usb driver then head over to the Download Micromax USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: Big thanks to vishal_androidfreak for the CWM recovery file for Micromax YU Yureka smartphone, without this file the above tutorial was not possible.