These are instructions on how to root LG G2 Mini Smartphone (running on android 4.4) using TowelRoot App.
Requirements: Your Device should have at least 10-20 percent of battery to perform the rooting process.
Root LG G2 Mini using TowelRoot App
- Enable installation of 3 party Apps on your LG G2 Mini. To Enable, Open Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown Sources > Tap on the Checkbox to enable it.
- Download and install TowelRoot Application on your G2 Mini. Once installation is completed you will be able to see the TowelRoot icon in the App Menu.
- Tap on the TowelRoot App icon to Open it.
- Once TowelRoot Application is launched, you will be able to see the following screen on your Device:
- Tap on the Make it Rain button to root the device.
- Now, you will be able to see the TowelRoot success Message on the G2 Mini Screen.
- Your LG G2 Mini is Rooted. To check whether your phone is rooted correctly, open App Drawer, you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU. If this app exists, then it means you have successfully rooted the device.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker App.
[*] No data loss process: Your device like contacts, pictures, videos, music and etc will be not affected with the above method.
[*] Device Warranty: Once you have fully unrooted the device through SuperSU, you can claim for the device warranty.
[*] How to unroot: To unroot, Open SuperSU App > Settings > Tap on Full Unroot.
[*] LG Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download LG Stock Firmware page.
[*] LG USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download LG USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: TowelRoot App is created and distributed by GeoHot (XDA Developer). So, full credit goes to him for sharing the App for free.