These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 (running on android 4.2.2) using Framaroot Application on Phone itself (does not require computer).
Requirements: Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 should have at least 10-20 percent of battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 with Framaroot
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552. To enable the USB debugging: Open Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging > Tap on the Checkbox to Enable it.
(Developer Options is hidden for Android 4.2.2 or above, to unhide Go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number > Tap on it for 5-8 times).
- On your Device, Open Settings > Security > Device Administration >Unknown Sources (tick to enable it).
- Download (latest) and install Framaroot Application on your Device. Once installation is completed you will be able to see the Framaroot Icon in your Menu.
- Now, Tap on the Framaroot App Icon to Open it.
- Once Framaroot Application is launched you will be able to see the following screen:
- In Framaroot, You will be able to see 2 options i.e Aragorn and Galdalf. Tap on the Galdalf Option.
- Now, you will be able to see the success popup on the Phone Screen.
- Now, you have to restart your Device.
- Now your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 is Rooted. To check whether your phone is rooted correctly, open Applications Menu, there you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU. If this app exist then it means you have successfully rooted your device.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker Application.
[*] No data loss process: Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 Phone Data like contacts, pictures, videos, music and etc will be not affected with the above method.
[*] Device Warranty: Once you full unroot your device through SuperSU, you can claim for the phone warranty. In short no need to worry for phone warranty.
[*] Credits: Framaroot Application is developed by alephzain (XDA Developer).
[*] Above Method does not worked?: If the above method does not worked for you then try Root Genius or vRoot Method.
[*] If you want to install CWM recovery on Galaxy Grand Quattro then see How to root and install Grand Quattro (another method to root).