How to remove or bypass FRP Lock on Huawei Honor Play 8A JAT-L29
Updated on September 9, 2020
These are the instructions to remove or bypass FRP Lock on Huawei Honor Play 8A JAT-L29 Smartphone using the SP Flash Tool.
Requirements: Your device needs to have at least 30-40 percent of battery to perform the bypass process.
Remove or Bypass FRP Lock on Huawei Honor Play 8A JAT-L29
- Download and install MediaTek Drivers on the Computer. If in case Mediatek Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download and Extract the Huawei Honor Play 8A JAT-L29 FRP File on the computer. Once the FRP File is extracted, you will get the following files:
- Download and Extract the latest version of SP Flash Tool on the computer. Once the SP Flash Tool is extracted, you will get the following files:
- Open Flash_Tool.exe.
- Once SP Flash Tool is Launched, Click on the Scatter Loading Button and Load the Huawei Honor Play 8A JAT-L29 Scatter File (found in the extracted file in Step#2).
- Click on the Authentication File button and Locate the auth_sv5.auth file from the FRP File Folder that you have downloaded in Step#2.
- Click on the Format Menu.
- Under Format Menu, select Manual Format Flash.
- Set the Following parameters: Region: EMMC_USER, Begin Address[HEX]: 0x108000, Format Length[HEX]: 0x100000.
- Click on the Start Button:
- Connect your Device to the Computer using the USB Cable (make sure the device is Power Off). After connecting the device to the computer, Press Volume Down or UP Keys on the Smartphone to get it detected by the SP Flash Tool.
- Once SP Flash Tool detects the device, the bypass process will start automatically and take up to 1-2 minutes to complete. Once the bypass process completes, you will see the Green Tick at the End.
- Close the SP Flash Tool and Disconnect the device from the computer.
Congratulations! Now, Restart the device, and you won’t be facing the FRP protection on the device.
[*] Caution: Removing the FRP (factory reset protection) from the Android Device will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you to take a backup of your data before following the tutorial above.
[*] Alternative Tool: SP Multiport Download Tool is the alternative Flash Tool which can be used to flash or install the Scatter Firmware.
[*] Driver Issue? If you are facing difficulty with the Mediatek USB Driver, then in that situation you can try Mediatek AutoInstaller Driver or MTK USB All Driver.
[*] Credits: Yasmin Bloomfield submits the FRP file shared above. So, full credit goes to him for sharing the File for free.