How to Flash OTA Firmware on Huawei Devices
Updated on March 27, 2020
These are the instructions to install or Flash OTA on Huawei smartphones and Tablets using the Force Upgrade Method.
Requirements: Your Huawei Smartphone or tablet should have at least 30-40 percent of the device battery to perform the Flashing Process.
How to Force Upgrade Huawei Devices
- Download the Huawei Firmware (OTA) on your computer. After Downloading the OTA Firmware, you may or may not need to extract the firmware on your computer.
[*] If the zip package looks like the following screenshot, then you need to extract it on your computer or your device.
[*] If the zip package looks like the following screenshot, then you don’t have to extract it on your computer.
- If in case the OTA firmware name is NOT update.zip, then you need to rename it to update.zip.
- Now, Move the update.zip firmware to the root of SD card memory (connect your device to the computer using the USB cable to copy the update.zip file to the SD card or if your computer has SD card reader then also you can copy the update.zip package).
- Assuming that you have successfully copied the update.zip package to the Device SD memory. Now, Switch OFF or Power OFF your Huawei Device.
- Now, you need to boot into the recovery memory of your device.
To boot into the recovery mode (old huawei devices): Press the Power key, wait one second and press the Volume Up key, it should boot into the recovery mode.
- Now, Once you have successfully booted into the recovery menu, Press Power Button once to see the Menu.
- Once you are able to see the Menu, Use Volume UP and Down button to Select Apply Update from SD Card Option. And Press Power Button Once to Open the Option.
- Now, Select the update.zip package using the Volume Keys and Power Key to install it.
- Once the installation process is started, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Once the installation process is completed, You will get back to the Recovery Main Page automatically. There, Select Reboot System Now using the Volume and power keys.
- Once your device is rebooted, Go to the Settings > About > Built Number to verify the update.
[*] Download Huawei HiSuite: HiSuite is the Official PC Suite application, made by Huawei itself. Which allows you to Easily update your Huawei Devices in a Single Click only.
[*] How to Flash Update.app Firmware: If in case you want to learn about Flashing update.app firmware on Huawei Device then heads over to How to Flash Update.app Firmware on Huawei Devices page.
[*] Huawei Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the Original Stock Firmware then head over to the Download Huawei Stock Firmware page.
[*] Huawei USB Driver: If you are looking for the Original USB Driver then head over to the Download Huawei USB Driver page.