These are instructions on how to Flash or install Stock Firmware (ROM) using the SPUpgrade Tool on devices running on Spreadtrum Chipset.
Note: SPUpgrde Tool is only tested on Spreadtrum FeaturePhone. It may or may not work for Spreadtrum Smartphones and Tablets.
Install .pac Firmware using SPUpgrade Tool
- Download and install Spreadtrum Driver on your Computer (if in case Spreadtrum Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this Step).
- Download Stock Firmware (.pac based) of your Spradtrum Device (if in case you have already downloaded the Stock Firmware, then SKIP this Step or else you can find the .pac based Stock Firmware on FirmwareFile or through Google).
- Now, Extract SPUpgrade Tool on your computer (assuming you have already downloaded it; if not then Download SPUpgrade Tool). Once you have extracted the tool, you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Open SPUpgrade.exe to launch the tool.
- Once the SPUpgrade is launched, you will be able to see the following Screen:
- Click on the Load Packet Button.
- Locate the .pac Firmware on your computer (assuming you have already downloaded the firmware of your device on your computer) and Click on Open Button:
- Now, Connect your Spreadtrum Mobile device to the Computer (make sure your device is Power Off).
- Click on Start Downloading Button to Begin the Flashing or Installation process.
- Now, the Flashing process may take a couple of minutes to complete the installation process.
- Once the Installation process is completed, you will be able to see the Green Passed Message on the Tool.
- Now, Close the SPUpgrade Tool and Disconnect your Spreadtrum Device from the Computer.
Congratulations! Now Restart your Mobile device and you’re ready to use it.
[*] Caution: Flashing or installing Firmware using the SPUpgrade will wipe out your Personal Data from the device. Therefore, take a backup before using the Tool to install the Firmware on your Spreadtrum Device.
[*] Spreadtrum USB Driver: If you are looking for the original Spreadtrum USB Driver, then head over to the Spreadtrum Driver page.
[*] Credits: SPUpgrade Tool is created and distributed by Spreadtrum Communications. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the Application for free.