How to use SN Write Tool
Updated on September 1, 2020
These are the instructions to Write, Flash, Fix, or Change IMEI on MediaTek devices using SN Write Tool.
Caution: Writing or flashing IMEI other than the original is illegal. We do not recommend you to Flash or Write IMEI other than the original IMEI.
Write or Change IMEI using SN Write Tool
- Download and install Mediatek Drivers on the computer. If in case Mediatek Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract SN Write tool on the computer. After extracting the tool, you will be able to see the following files:
- Open SN Writer.exe to Launch the Tool:
- Once SN Write Tool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Click on the ComPort and select USB VCOM.
- Click on Target Type and select Smart Phone (only if you want to write IMEI on Smartphone. If you want to write IMEI on FeaturePhone, then select FeaturePhone option).
- Click on System Config Button.
- Once System Config is launched, Select IMEI, BT Address and Wifi Address in Write Option.
- If you are having a Dual SIM device, then select Dual IMEI Option (if you have single SIM device then dont select any option).
- Now, Under the Database File Option, Add the MD1_DB and AP_DB (both files comes with the Stock Firmware of the device or you can find it in the AB BP base folder).
- Click on Save button:
- Click on Start button:
- Under the Scan Data Write the IMEI_1 and IMEI_2, Bluetooth Address, Wifi Address and click on the OK button:
- Power off your Device and Remove the battery (only if the battery is removable) and Connect the device to the Computer using the USB Cable.
- Once, IMEI writing is finished you will be able to see the Green Pass message on the Tool.
[*] Download AP BP Base: If you wish, you can download the AP BP base file, which can be used to Write or Fix IMEI on the Mediatek devices.
[*] Caution: Flashing or Writing IMEI other than the original is illegal and may cause serious trouble. www.androidmtk.com doesn’t force or recommend you to change the device IMEI other than the original.
[*] Mediatek Driver: If you are looking for the Mediatek Driver which supports SN Write Tool, then head over to the Download Mediatek Driver page.
[*] Credits: SN Write Tool is created and distributed by MediaTek Inc. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the tool for free.