These are the instructions to use the LG Flash Tool to flash or install the Stock Firmware on LG Smartphone, Tablets, and FeaturePhone.
Requirements: You need to have the official stock firmware (.kdz or .cab) of your LG Mobile device to follow the following guidelines.
Install .kdz or .cab Firmware using LG Flash Tool
- Download and install the LG USB Driver on your Computer (if in case LG Drivers are already installed, then SKIP this step).
- Download and extract the LG Flash Tool on your computer. After extracting the tool, you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, you need to boot your LG Device into the downloading mode. To boot into the downloading mode, you need to Press and Hold Volume UP button of your Mobile device and connect the USB cable to the Mobile device (make sure it is already connected to the computer first).
- Open LGFlashTool2014.exe.
- Once LG Flash Tool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, under the Select Type Drop Down, Choose CDMA.
- Now, Click on the Select File button and Locate the Stock firmware (ROM) of your device (assuming you have already downloaded the stock firmware of your device).
- Now, Click on the Normal Flash Button.
- Now, under the Phone read information dialog box, Click on the Start Button.
- Now, a Small Country and Language Dialog Box will open on the Screen. You need to Choose the Language as per your choice.
- After Choosing the Language, Click on OK button.
- Now, Flashing process will start automatically and may take 5-10 minutes to complete (depending on the size of the firmware).
- Once flashing process is completed, your Mobile device will reboot automatically.
- Once your Mobile device is ready to use, disconnect it from the USB cable and Close the Flash Tool on your computer.
Congratulations, you just learned to flash the Stock Firmware on any LG Mobile device in the world.
[*] Compatibility: It is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (x32 or x64 bit).
[*] LG Flash Tool: If you want to download the latest version of the Flash Tool, then head over to Download LG Flash Tool page.
[*] LG Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download LG Stock Firmware page.
[*] LG USB Driver: If you are looking for the Original LG USB Driver, then head over to the LG USB Driver for Windows or LG USB Driver for Mac page.
[*] Credits: The Application was created and distributed by LG Vietnam Community. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the Application for free.