These are instructions on how to root your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 running on android 4.1.2 using the Root File.
Note: Before following the tutorial below, we want to inform you that this tutorial only works if your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 is running on Android 4.1.2 (baseband I8160XXMC8). To check the Android Version on your Phone: Open Settings > About Phone.
Root Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 (android 4.1.2)
- Download and install Samsung USB Driver on your computer. If in case Samsung USB Driver is already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download Root file on your computer and move it on your Phone’s External Memory (SD card).
- Disconnect your Phone from the computer and Switch-Off the phone.
- Now, you need to boot into Recovery Mode. To boot into Recovery Mode: Press and hold Volume Up Key, Home Button and Power key at same time for 7-10 seconds (you have to press and hold all three buttons at same time) until recovery mode is active.
- In recovery mode, Select Apply update from external Storage using Volume Up and Down Button.
- Locate the Root file, that you have transferred to the phone’s external memory and Press Power Button to confirm.
- Once Flashing is completed, Select Reboot System Now.
- Once your phone is restarted, Go to Applications Menu and Search for the SuperSU application. If you find the SuperSU app on your Samsung GT-I8160, then it means your phone is rooted successfully.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker App.
[*] The above tutorial helps you to root Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 running on Jelly Bean (4.1.2) if your device is running on Android Gingerbread (2.3.6), then see How to Root Samsung GT-I8160 (Android 2.3.6).
[*] This is the zero data loss process, which means you will not lose your photos, videos, music, contacts, applications, and games.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Samsung Stock Firmware page.
[*] Samsung USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Samsung USB Driver page.
[*] Big thanks to the XDA Developer Shaaan for his hard work and contribution to the XDA community (for root file).