These are instructions on how to root Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 (ME301T) (running on android 4.1.1) using TowelRoot App.
Requirements: Your Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 should have at least 10-20 percent of battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 (ME301T) using the TowelRoot App
- Enable installation of 3 party Apps on your Asus Pad Smart 10. To Enable, Open Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown Sources > Tap on the Checkbox to enable it.
- Download and install TowelRoot Application on your Asus Pad Smart 10. Once installation is completed you will be able to see the TowelRoot Icon in the App Menu.
- Now, Tap on the TowelRoot App Icon to Open it.
- Once TowelRoot Application is launched, you will be able to see the following screen on your Device:
- Tap on the Make it Rain button to root the device.
- Now, you will be able to see the TowelRoot success Message on the Asus Pad Smart 10 Screen.
- Your Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 is Rooted. To check whether your phone is rooted correctly, open App Drawer, you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU. If this app exists, then it means you have successfully rooted the device.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker App.
[*] No data loss process: Your device Data like contacts, pictures, videos, music and etc will be not affected with the above method.
[*] Device Warranty: Once you have fully unrooted the device through SuperSU, you can claim for the device warranty.
[*] How to unroot: To unroot, Open SuperSU App > Settings > Tap on Full Unroot.
[*] Asus Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Asus Stock Firmware page.
[*] Asus USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Asus USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: TowelRoot App is created and distributed by GeoHot (XDA Developer). So, full credit goes to him for sharing the App for free.