These are the instructions on how to use Qcom Phone Download Tools to flash firmware on Qualcomm based android Phone.
Requirement: You need to have compatible firmware which is flashable through the Qcom Phone Download Tool.
Using Qcom Phone Download Tools
- Download and install the android usb driver on your computer. If android usb driver is already installed on your computer then Skip this Step.
- Download and extract the Qcom Phone Download Tool on your computer. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Open GN_Qcom_Download_Tools.exe. Once Qcom Phone Download Tool is launched you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, Click the drop button and select English Language.
- Now, under UpDataType select Save Production Data.
- Now, In the Softpath button click on the browse button and locate the firmware folder that you want to flash on your android device.
- Now, Click on the Start Download Button.
- Now, Connect your android Device to the computer (make sure it is power off).
- Once your device is successfully connected to the computer flashing process will start automatically.
- Once Flashing is completed, disconnect your device from the computer.
[*] Backup: If you are upgrading the firmware on your device then always take a backup of your personal data because flashing the firmware will erase your personal data, and you wont be able to recover it back by any method.
[*] Qcom Phone Download Tool also allows you to wipe all the personal data means you can reset the device apart of flashing the firmware. In that case, you also need to have the stock firmware of your device.
[*] Credit: Qcom Phone Download Tools is created by Qualicom Innovations. So full credits goes to them for the tool.