These are instructions on how to root and unroot Xiaomi Mi4 Smartphone without using any Root Application (can be done through the device also).
Requirements: Your Xiaomi Mi4 smartphone should have at least 20 percent of device battery or more to begin the root process.
How to root Xiaomi Mi4
- Download Xiaomi Mi4 Developer Rom on your computer or on your smartphone.
- Now, rename the downloaded zip file as “update.zip“.
- If you have downloaded the Xiaomi Mi 4 Developer Rom on your computer then move it to the root of your smartphone sd memory using the usb cable.
- Now, On your Xiaomi Mi 4 Smartphone Select Updater.
- Now, hit the Menu key and select Reboot to the recovery mode.
- Once you have booted into the Mi Recovery, use UP-Down key for navigation and Power Key to select.
- Under the Main Menu, Select Wipe and Reset > Wipe Cache > Yes.
- Once, Wipe Cache completed, tab on the back key.
- Now, Under Main menu > Select install update.zip.
- Now, Confirm install update.zip > Yes.
- Now, update process will take place.
Step 12: Once Update process is completed, Tab on the Back key > Reboot > Reboot to System One.
- Once your Device is restarted > Open Security > Permissions > Enable Root Permission.
How to unroot Xiaomi Mi4
- Download Xiaomi Mi4 Stable Rom (zip) on your computer or on your smartphone.
- Follow the above tutorial from Step#2 to Step#12.
[*] The Developer and Stable Rom we have shared on this page is officially provided by Xiaomi. Developer Rom is always meant to get the root access.
[*] No Warranty Void: Rooting comes under warranty for all Xiaomi Devices, means your warranty will not be void if you root your device.
[*] Xiaomi Stock ROM: If you are looking for the Original Stock Firmware, then head over to the Xiaomi Stock ROM page.
[*] Xiaomi USB Driver: If you are looking for the Original USB Driver, then head over to the Xiaomi USB Driver page.
[*] Xiaomi Flash Tool: If you are looking for the Official Xiaomi Flash Tool then head over to the Download Xiaomi Flash Tool page.