How to Flash Sony Xperia Firmware
Updated on March 27, 2020
These are the instructions to flash or install Sony Xperia Firmware (ROM) on any Sony Xperia Smartphone and Tablet using the Sony Mobile Flasher Tool.
Requirements: Your device should have at least 30-40 percent of the phone battery to perform the flashing process.
How to install .ftf Firmware on Xperia Devices
- Download and install Sony Xperia USB Driver on the computer (if you have already installed the USB driver on the computer then, SKIP this step).
- Download and extract Sony Xperia Firmware (ROM) on the computer. After extracting the firmware, you will be able to see the following files:
- Download and install Sony Mobile Flasher on the computer. If you have already Installed the Sony Mobile Flasher, then SKIP the step.
- Once Sony Mobile Flasher is installed, Open It (C:drive > FlashTool).
- Once Sony Mobile Flasher is launched, you will be able to see following screen:
- Now, Click on Flash Button.
- Now, you will able to see the Bootmode Chooser dialog box. Select Flashmode and Click on OK button.
- Now, Click on the Load button and locate the Xperia Firmware (ftf file).
- Select the loaded firmware.
- Click on Flash Button to begin the Flashing process.
- Turn OFF your Sony Xperia Device.
- Press and Hold Volume Down button and Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Once your device is successfully connected to the computer, you will be able to see Added message in the Sony Mobile Flasher tool.
- Now, Flashing will begin automatically and may take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once Flashing process is completed, disconnect the device from the computer and Turn it ON.
[*] Data Loss Process: Flashing Stock Firmware using the Sony Mobile Flasher tool will delete your personal data from the device. So, take a backup of your personal data before following the above tutorial.
[*] Sony Xperia Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Sony Xperia Stock Firmware page.
[*] Sony Xperia USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Sony Xperia USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: Sony Mobile Flasher Tool is created by androxyde (developer). So, full credit goes to him for creating the application.