These are the instructions to flash or install stock firmware on any Windows Phone using the Windows Phone Image Designer Tool.
Note: This tool is designed to work on Windows 8 and Windows 10 Phone Only. If you are Android Device Holder, then this tool is not meant for you.
Use Windows Phone Image Designer Tool
- Download and extract Phone Image Designer Tool on your Windows Computer. After Extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- From the Driver Folder run installsimpleio.bat file to install the Windows Phone Driver.
- Connect your Windows Phone to the Computer.
- Open the Phone Image Designer Tool (if you have 32 Bit Computer then Open Phone Image Designer Tool > 32 > ImageDesigner > start.bat file OR if you have 64 Bit Computer then Open Windows Phone Image Designer Tool > 64 > ImageDesigner > start.bat).
- Once Windows Phone Image Designer Tool is launched you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, Select Flash a Windows Phone image onto your phone Option and Click on Next Button.
- Now, Click on Change Option.
- Now, Locate the Stock Firmware that you want to flash on your Windows Phone (.ffu file).
- Once you have successfully added the stock firmware on Phone Image Designer Tool then you are ready to flash it on your device. Now, Click on Flash Button to Proceed.
- Now, Phone Image Designer Tool will start the flashing process and let may take up to 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once Flashing Process is completed you will be able to see the Congratulations! Your Device has been successfully flashed with the image you selected Message.
- Now, Disconnect your Device from the Computer and Reboot it.
Congratulations! Post Rebooting the device you are ready to use it normally.
[*] The Above Tool was tested working while flashing the stock firmware on Karbonn Wind 4 Smartphone.
[*] Works for all Windows Phone: The above tool allows you to flash stock firmware on all Windows Phone including Windows Lumia, Nokia Lumia, and others.
[*] Windows Phone Driver: If you are looking for the Windows Phone Driver, then head over to Windows Phone Driver page.
[*] Credits: Windows Phone Image Designer Application is created and distributed by Microsoft Inc. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the tool for free.