These are instructions on how to use MTK Flash Tool to Flash or Install Stock Firmware on Mediatek Feature Phone using Windows Computer.
Caution: Flashing or installing the Stock Firmware on the device will wipe the data and the settings from the device. Therefore, we recommend you take a backup of your data from the device before using the tool.
Install .cfg or .txt Firmware using MTK Flash Tool
- Download and install VCOM USB Driver on your computer (in case VCOM USB Driver is already installed on the Computer then SKIP this step).
- Download and Extract MTK Flash Tool on your Computer. Once MTK Tool is extracted on the computer, you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Open Flash_tool.exe to Launch the Tool.
- Once MTK Flash Tool is launched, you will be able to see the following window:
- Now, Click on Scatter/Config Button and Locate the .cfg or .txt file from the Firmware Folder (assuming you have already downloaded the Stock Firmware of your Mediatek Device).
- Now, Connect your Mediatek Feature Phone to the Computer (make sure device is power Off).
- Now, Click on Download Button to Begin the Flashing Process.
- Once Flashing Process is completed, you will be able to see Green Ring at the End.
Congratulations! Flashing is completed. Now, disconnect the device from the computer and restart it.
[*] Caution: Take a backup of your personal data before using the Flash Tool because during the flashing process your personal data will be removed permanently.
[*] Driver Issue? If you are facing difficulty with the Vcom USB Driver, then in that situation you can also try Mediatek AutoInstaller Driver or MTK USB All Driver.
[*] How to Flash IMEI: If you want to Flash or Write IMEI on Mediatek Devices, then head over to How to use SN Write Tool to Flash IMEI page.
[*] Credits: MTK Flash Tool is created and distributed by Mediatek, Inc. So full credit goes to them for sharing the tool for free.