How to use HQ MTK Customer Download to flash firmware
Updated on March 27, 2020
These are the instructions on how to use HQ MTK Customer Download tool to flash stock or custom firmware on any Android Device.
Requirements: Your Android device should have at least 10-20 percent of battery to perform the Flashing Process.
How to use HQ MTK Customer Download tool
- Download and extract HQ MTK Customer Download tool and Drivers. After Extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Install the USB Drivers.
- Power Off your Android Device.
- Download the Stock Rom that you want to Flash on your Android Device and extract it on your Computer.
- Now, Open HQ MTK Customer Tool (you have downloaded this file in Step#1) on Your Computer.
- Once HQ MTK Tool is launched, Select Smartphone Option and Press OK Button.
- Now, Under Scatter File Click on Select File Button and locate the Scatter file in the downloaded firmware.
- Once You have successfully added the Scatter file in the HQ MTK Download tool, You will be able to see Green Circles.
- Now, Connect your Android Device to the Computer (make sure it is power off).
- Now, Click on the Start All Button to begin the Flashing Process.
- Now, HQ MTK Download Tool will flash the Stock rom on your Android Device.
- Once Flashing is completed, you will be able to see 100% Done UsrData.
- Now, close HQ MTK Customer Download Tool and disconnect your Android Device from the computer.
Congratulations, Now your Android Device is successfully running the Stock Rom you have Downloaded.
[*] You can follow the above tutorial to flash all types of Mediatek Firmware which comes with the Scatter File.
[*] Take Backup: Take a Phone backup before using the HQ MTK Customer Download Tool as because during the flashing process your personal data will be removed permanently.
[*] Credits: HQ MTK Customer Download Tool is created and distributed by Mediatek Inc. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the tool for free.