How to use Coolpad PST Tool
Updated on September 1, 2020
These are the instructions to flash or install .cpb firmware on Mobile Devices using the Coolpad PST Tool.
Caution: Flashing or installing firmware using the PST Tool, will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you to take a backup of your data before using the tool.
Install .cpb firmware (ROM) using the Coolpad PST Tool
- Download and install the Coolpad Drivers on the Computer. If in case Drivers are already installed, then SKIP this step.
- Download Stock Firmware (.cpb based) of your Mobile Device (if in case you have already downloaded the Stock Firmware, then SKIP this Step or else you can find the .cpb based Stock Firmware on FirmwareFile or through Google).
- Now, Extract Coolpad PST Tool on the computer (assuming you have already downloaded it; if not then Download Coolpad PST Tool). Once you have extracted the tool, you will be able to see the following files:
- Open Coolpad_PST_Setup.exe to Launch the installation window:
- Complete the installation process on the computer (by clicking on the Next button 3-4 times):
- Once the PST Tool is installed, Launch it (you can launch the tool from Start Menu or from C:\Program Files (x86)\Coolpad PST folder):
- Once the PST Tool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Click on the Select File Button:
- Locate the .cpb firmware on the computer (assuming you have already downloaded the firmware of your device on the computer) and click on Open Button:
- Now, PST Tool will verify the .cpb firmware and post verification it will display OK message.
- Connect your Mobile device to the computer using the USB Cable (Power Off the Device > Press and Hold Volume Down key and plug in the USB line, don’t release the volume down key until the phone enters into the fastboot mode):
- Once the PST Tool detects your device, you will be able to see the Green Tick button:
- Click on the Start button to begin the flashing or installation process:
- Flashing or installation process may take a couple of minutes to complete:
- Once the flashing process is completed, you will be able to see the Success message on the tool.
Congratulation! Now, Close the PST Tool and disconnect the device from the computer and restart it.
[*] Caution: Flashing or installing firmware using the PST Tool will wipe the data from the device. Therefore we recommend you to take a backup of your data before following the tutorial above.
[*] Coolpad Firmware: If you are looking for the Coolpad Stock Firmware, then head over to the Coolpad Stock Firmware page.
[*] Coolpad USB Driver: If you are looking for the Coolpad USB Driver, then head over to the Coolpad USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: PST Tool is created and distributed by Coolpad Group Limited. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the Application for free.