These are the instructions to setup ADB and Fast Boot Drivers (Android Debug Bridge) on Windows Computer using Android SDK Software.
Requirements: You need to install Java Development Kit (JDK) in order to setup the ADB files.
Setup ADB and Fast Boot Drivers
- Download and install Java Development Kit (JDK) on your Windows Computer.
Step 2: Download and install Android SDK tools on your Windows Computer. Once installation is completed successfully, Select Start SDK Manager and press on the finish button.
- In SDK Manager, Select Android SDK Platform-tools and Google USB Driver.
- After selecting both Options Press on the Install 2 Packages button.
- Now, Select Accept and Press Install button.
- Now, SDK Manager will download both packages and you will see the Summary once installation is completed successfully.
- Now, ADB and Fast Boot Drivers are installed on your Windows Computer. To verify, connect your Android Device to the Computer.
Once, you have connected your Android Device to your Windows Computer, it will automatically detect your Android Device and install the USB drivers.
How to use Fastboot to flash any file
- Setup ADB and FastBoot Drivers on your Windows Computer (follow the above tutorial).
- Create a new folder in C: and rename it “Fastboot“.
- Now, Copy adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll and fastboot.exe from the C:Users > Username > AppData > Local > Android > android-sdk > platform-tools.
Step 4: Now Paste the copied files to C:fastboot.
- If you want to flash any image (.img) file then simply copy it to the c:fastboot folder.
- Now, Open Start Menu and Search “CMD” on your Windows Computer.
- Once CMD (Command Prompt) is launched on your computer then type “cd c:fastboot” and pres Enter from the Keyboard.
- Now, Boot your Android Device into Fastboot Mode or Download Mode and Connect it to your computer.
- After connecting your smartphone to the computer, again type a command in CMD “fastboot flash boot imagename.img” (replace the imagename.img with the name of image you have placed in the C:fastboot folder).
[*] You can perform various things from the FastBoot (through CMD), like restarting the Android Device, Checking the Fastboot Status of your Device.
[*] There are various Fastboot commands available, to know more Open CMD and Type “cd c:fastboot” and press enter, the again Type “Fastboot help“. It will open a list of various commands.
[*] Credits: Android SDK Tool is created and distributed by Google Inc. So, full credit goes to the Google team for sharing the tool for free.