These are the instructions to root Xolo A1000 (running on android 4.1) smartphone using the SP Flash Tool on Windows Computer.
Requirements: Your Xolo A1000 Smartphone should have at least 50 percent or above battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Xolo A1000
- Download and install MediaTek Drivers on the Computer. If in case Mediatek Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract the Xolo A1000 root files on the computer. After extracting, you will be able to see the following files:
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Xolo A1000 smartphone. To Enable USB Debugging: Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging (Tick to enable it).
- Copy SuperSU.zip to your Phone SD Card or MicroSD Card.
- Power Off your Xolo A1000 Smartphone and connect it to the computer.
- Now, Open Flash_tool.exe (you have downloaded it in Step#2).
- Once Smart Phone Flash Tool is launched, Click on the Scatter-Loading button and locate the MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (you have downloaded it in Step#2).
- Once Scatter file is added in Smart Phone Flash Tool, you will be able to see a list is created. Click on the Recovery and locate the recovery.img (you have downloaded it in Step#2).
- Now, Click on the Window Menu in Smart Phone Flash Tool and select Write Memory.
- Under memory Setting, Select EMMC Button.
- Now, in Smart Phone Flash Tool click on the Open Raw Data Button and select the recovery.img (you have downloaded it in Step#2).
- Now, under the write parameter, Change the Begin Address (Hex) value to 0x1588000 and Container Length (Hex) value to 0x600000.
- Now click on the Write memory to begin the flashing process.
Step 14: Once flashing is competed, again Switch off your Smartphone (in case it restart automatically).
- Now, Boot into Recovery Mode on your Xolo A1000 smartphone. To Boot into recovery mode: Press and Hold Volume Up and Power Key at same time for 5-8 seconds until CWM recovery is enabled.
- Once you boot into CWM recovery, Select Install Zip from SDcard option and locate the Supersu.zip file (you have copied this file in Step#4).
- Once installation is completed, Select Restart System Now from Recovery Menu.
- Now your Xolo A1000 is successfully Rooted. To check whether your tab is rooted correctly, open Applications Menu, there you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU. If this app exists then it means you have successfully rooted your Xolo A1000.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker App.
[*] No data loss process: Your Phone Data like contacts, pictures, videos, music and etc will be not affected with the above method. In short, no data loss process.
[*] Phone Warranty: If you follow the above instructions your phone warranty will be void.
[*] Xolo Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the Original Stock Firmware then head over to the Download Xolo Stock Firmware page.
[*] Xolo USB Driver: If you are looking for the Original USB Driver, then head over to the Download Xolo USB Driver page.