How to root Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282
Updated on February 1, 2020
These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 using the pre-rooted stock firmware for Galaxy Star GT-S5282.
Before following the tutorial below, we want to inform you that this tutorial is simple and you don’t have to install SuperSu separately, it comes with the pre-rooted firmware.
Root Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282
- Download and install Samsung USB Driver on your computer (if in case Samsung USB Driver is already installed on your computer then SKIP this step).
- Download and extract Pre-rooted Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Switch off your phone.
- After switching-off the phone, you need to boot it into Download Mode. To boot into download mode Press and hold Volume Down Key, Home Button and Power key at same time for 5-8 seconds (you have to press and hold all three buttons 1-by-1) till download mode is active.
- In the Download mode, you will be able to see a Warning Yellow Triangle Sign. In this situation, you have to press the Volume up key to continue.
- Now, Open Odin3 (You will find this in Step#2) on your computer. Then connect your Mobile to the computer.
- Once you have connected the Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 to the computer, Odin will automatically recognize the device and show “Added” message at the lower-left panel.
- Once your device detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the deodexed-firmware.tar file that you have downloaded and extracted in Step #2.
- Now, click on the Start button to begin the Flashing process.
- Once flashing is completed you will see, the Green Pass message in Odin. After this, you can disconnect your device from the computer.
- Now your device is Rooted. To check whether your phone is rooted correctly, open your Applications Menu, there you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU or download root checker from the play store on your phone and check root status.
[*] Data Loss process: If you follow the above tutorial, then you may lose your data on the phone like contacts, pictures, music, videos, and installed applications. We recommend you to take a backup of your phone before following the root procedure.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device then head over to Download Samsung Stock Firmware for all devices page.
[*] Samsung USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device then head over to Download Samsung USB Driver for all devices page.
[*] Credits: The above pre-rooted stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 was created by Chirtagh (xda developer). So full credit goes to him for sharing the firmware.