How to root Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282
Updated on August 4, 2021
These are instructions on how to root Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 using the pre-rooted stock firmware for Galaxy Star GT-S5282.
Requirements: Your Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 should have at least 30-40 percent of battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282
- Download and Install Samsung USB Driver on the computer. If in case Samsung USB Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract Pre-rooted Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Switch off your phone.
- After switching-off the phone, you need to boot into Download Mode. To boot into download mode Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power button at same time for 5-8 seconds until download mode is active.
- In the Download mode you will be able to see a Warning Yellow/White Triangle Sign. In this situation you have to press the Volume Up key to Continue.
- Now, Open Odin3 (You will find this in Step#2) on your computer. Then connect your Mobile to the computer.
- Once you have connected the Smartphone to the computer, Odin will automatically recognize the device and displays Added message at the Log Area.
- Once your device detected by Odin, Click on the AP/PDA button and select the deodexed-firmware.tar file (you have downloaded this file in step#2).
- Now, Click on the Start button in Odin to begin the Flashing.
- Flashing usually takes 30-50 seconds to complete the rooting process on your Samsung GT-S5282. Once the Rooting process got completed, you will be able to see a Green Box with Pass written on it in Odin. During this process Smartphone will re-boot automatically.
- Once you see, the Pass message in Odin, you can disconnect your Device from the computer.
- Now, to make sure you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282, open the Applications Menu on your Smartphone and Find SuperSU App. If this app exists on your Smartphone, then it means you have successfully rooted your device. Congratulations.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker Application.
[*] Caution: Flashing or installing custom ROM will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you take a backup of your data before flashing the custom ROM.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Samsung Stock Firmware page.
[*] Samsung USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Samsung USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: The above pre-rooted stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 was created by Chirtagh (Xda developer). So, full credit goes to him for sharing the firmware.