These are instructions on how to remove region lock from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 using a simple android application.
Remember: You have to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 first then you will be able to remove the region lock issue. To root your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 see root note 3 n9005.
Once you have successfully rooted your smartphone, then follow the below tutorial to remove the region unlock issue.
How to Remove region lock from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005
- On your Smartphone, Open Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown Sources (tick to enable it).
- Download RegionLock Away Application (.apk) and install it on your smartphone.
- Once installation is completed you will be able to see the following icon in the App Launcher:
- Tap on the RegionLock Away Icon to Open it. Once RegionLock Away is launched you will be able to see the following screen:
- Tap on the Region Unlock option.
- Now, Region Unlock will ask Super User request. Simply Tap on the Grant Button to continue.
- Region Unlock will update your device modem. Once Update is successful, a Dialog bow will appear with the successful patch message. Now, simply Tap on the Restart Now button to finish the patch.
Congratulations, now the region lock screen will be gone and you can freely enjoy your Galaxy Note 3 N9005 anywhere in the world.
[*] Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 must be rooted to remove the region lock issue. The RegionLock Away Application does not work on non-rooted devices.
[*] RegionLock Away Application is available as free and paid as well. There is no difference between the paid and free version, if you will download it from Play Store then you have to buy it first.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Samsung Stock Firmware page.
[*] Samsung USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Samsung USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: RegionLock Away Application is created by Chainfire (xda developer). The APK file we have shared on this article is freely available on XDA Community.