These are instructions on how to disable camera sound on any Huawei Smartphone by renaming the shutter sound file.
Requirements: Your Huawei Smartphone should be rooted and have at least 10-20 percent of battery to perform the trick.
Disable camera sound on any Huawei Smartphone
- Root your Huawei Smartphone. In case your Huawei Smartphone is already rooted then skip this step.
- Download and install Root Browser Application on your Smartphone.
- Open Root Browser Application on your Huawei Smartphone. Once Root Browser Application is launched you will be able to see the following screen:
- In Root Browser, Open System > Media > Audio > UI Folder.
- Once you reached in the UI folder, Long Tap on the Camera_shutter.ogg file.
- Now, Select Rename option.
- Now rename Camera_shutter.ogg as Camera_shutter.ogg.old.
- Now, Root Browser will ask for the SuperSU permission. Tap on the Grant Button to continue.
- Now you will be able to see the Camera_shutter.ogg file is renamed as Camera_shutter.ogg.old.
- Now restart your Huawei Smartphone.
- Now Open Camera and try to take picture. Now you will not hear the annoying Camera sound anymore. Congratulations.
[*] Dont get Confused: In case you find Shutter.ogg or Shutter_multiple.ogg instead of camera_shutter.ogg then also rename it as Shutter.ogg.old or Shutter_multiple.ogg.old.
[*] Device should be rooted: Your Huawei smartphone should be rooted to rename the Camera Shutter Sound. There is no other method available to rename the camera Sound without rooting the device.
[*] Reversible Process: If you need the camera sound then again do the same procedure and rename the Camera_shutter.ogg.old to Camera_shutter.ogg, it will bring back the camera sound.
[*] Huawei Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the Original Stock Firmware then head over to the Download Huawei Stock Firmware page.
[*] Huawei USB Driver: If you are looking for the Original USB Driver, then head over to the Download Huawei USB Driver page.
[*] Do not delete: Please do not delete the camera_shutter.ogg or any shutter sound from the UI folder as because it will help you to get back the camera sound whenever you want.