These are the instructions to backup and restore SMS on any Android Device using SMS Backup & Restore Application.
Requirements: You need to download and install SMS Backup & Restore application to backup and restore your SMS. Without using any application you can not backup your SMS.
Backup SMS on any Android Device
- Download and install Messages backup & restore Application on your Android Device.
- Once SMS Backup & Restore application is installed on your Android Device, Open It.
- Once SMS Backup & Restore application is launched, Tap on the Backup Button.
- Now, it will ask you to choose the location to save the SMS Backup. Simply choose the location where you want to save the SMS backup and tap on OK button.
- Now, it will ask you to rename the backup according to your wish (optional). Once you are ready Tap on the OK Button to begin the backup process.
- Once Backup is completed you will be able to see the summary of the Backup.
Restore SMS on any Android Device
- Download and install SMS backup & restore Application on your Android Device.
- Once application is installed on your Android Device, Open It.
- Once application is launched, Tap on the Restore Button.
- Now, it will ask you to locate to save the Messages Backup file.
- Now, it will ask you whether you want to locate all backup SMS or from limited time. Simply, Tap on the Restore All Messages and Press OK Button to continue.
Step 6: Once SMS is restored successfully you will be able to see the summary of the restore process.
- Now, to confirm your SMS is restored successfully, Open Messaging on your Android Device. There you will be able to see your Backup SMS is restored.
[*] You can backup and restore Messages by using any application (from the Google Play Store) on the Android Device. By default, Android does not comes with SMS backup feature.
[*] Always prefer saving the Backup file to your Micro SD card, as because whenever you perform factory reset of your Android Device all data present on the SD memory got deleted.
[*] There are lots of application present on the Google Play Store to backup and restore Messages. We have shared the easiest application on this page.