How to use Agenew Flash Tool
Updated on March 27, 2020
These are the instructions to Flash or install Stock Firmware (ROM) on Mediatek Devices using the Agenew Flash Tool.
Caution: Flashing or installing Firmware using the Agenew Tool, will wipe the Data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you to take a backup of your data before using the tool.
Install Stock Firmware (ROM) using Agenew Flash Tool
- Download and install Mediatek Driver Auto Installer on the computer (if in case mediatek Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step).
- Download Stock Firmware (scatter based) of your Mediatek Device and extract it on the computer (you can find the Stock Firmware on FirmwareFile or through Google).
- Download and extract Agenew Tool on the Computer. Once Agenew Tool is extracted, you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Open flash_tool.exe to launch the tool.
- Once Agenew Tool is launched, you will be able to see the following Window:
- Click on the Scatter-Loading Button.
- Locate the Scatter File (you can find the scatter file in the stock firmware of your device).
- Untick the Preloader checkbox (flashing preloader.bin may brick the device).
- Click on the Download Button to Begin the Flashing Process.
- Connect your Mediatek Device to the Computer using the USB Cable (make sure device is Power Off). After connecting the device to the computer Press Volume Down or Volume Up key, so that your computer can detect the device.
- Once the Agenew Tool detects the Device, it will begin the Flashing or installation Process.
- Once Flashing Process is completed, a Green Ring will appear at the End.
- Now, Close the Agenew Flash Tool on the computer and disconnect your Device.
Congratulations! You just learned to Flash or install Stock Firmware (ROM) on Mediatek Devices using the Agenew Tool.
[*] Caution: We do not recommend you to flash the preloader.bin file using the Agenew Tool, as it can brick the device. Therefore, always untick the preloader.bin option before Starting the Flashing Process.
[*] Alternative Tool: SP Flash Tool and SP MDT Tool are the best alternatives to Agenew Tool.
[*] Mediatek USB Driver: If you are looking for the original Mediatek USB Driver, then head over to MTK Driver AutoInstaller page.
[*] Credits: Agenew Tool is created and distributed by Mediatek, Inc. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the Application for free.