These are instructions on how to Unlock Bootloader on any Motorola Device using the fastboot tools on Windows Computer.
Requirements: Your device should have at least 20 percent or above battery to follow the instructions.
Unlock Bootloader on any Motorola Device
- Download and install Motorola USB driver on your computer. If Motorola USB drivers are already installed on your computer then skip this step.
- Enable USB Debugging on Your Nexus 6P. To enable Developer Options: Open Settings > About Phone > Tap on the Built Number for 6-8 times until developers option is enabled.
- Power off your Motorola Device.
- Now, you need to boot your device into the ADB mode. To boot into adb mode, Press and hold the Volume Down Key and Power Key (for 4-5 seconds) and release the power key but keep holding the Volume Down key until ADB mode is visible on the screen.
- Connect your Motorola Device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Download and install the Minimal ADB and fastboot tools on your computer.
- Once the installation process is completed, Launch the Minimal ADB and fastboot tools.
- Now, you will be able to see the following command window.
- Now, in the command window type: fastboot devices and press enter from the keyboard.
- Now, give another command: fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Using the Mouse select the whole unlock data (string) as seen in the below picture:
- Now, Open Notepad on your computer and paste the unlock data (string).
- Now, Open Motorola’s Official Unlock Bootloader website and Click on Next button.
- Sign In to your Motorola Account (If you don’t have Motorola account then you have to create it).
- Now, paste the entire unlock data (string) in the Field (#6) and click on the Can my device be unlocked? button.
- Now, select the I Agree radio button and click on the Request Unlock key button.
- Now, Motorola will send you the Unlock Key on your registered Email ID (through which you have logged in Step#11).
- Now, Check your Email Account for Motorola’s Email. Once you received the Email, please Open it and copy the Unlock Code.
- Once you have copied the unlock code, Open the Command Window and type the following command: fastboot oem unlock (paste the code here).
- You will be able to see some processes on your Motorola Device and your Motorola Device will reboot automatically.
- Now, you will be able to see the Warning Bootloader Unlocked Message (this confirms that you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Motorola Device).
Again Go Back to the Settings > Developer Options > Enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
Once you have selected the unlock data (string), Press CTRL + C from computer keyboard to copy the string.
Now, you have to remove the spaces between the unlock code (string):
Now, copy the Unlock Code (string):
[*] Unlocking the Bootloader will delete your personal data, pictures, apps etc from your device. So, backup your personal data before following the above tutorial.
[*] Once you have successfully Unlock Bootloader of your Motorola device, you will get the Warning Bootloader Unlocked Message every time whenever you start or restart the device.
[*] Motorola Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Motorola Stock Firmware page.
[*] Motorola USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Motorola USB Driver page.