How to use Xiaomi MI Flash Tool
Updated on September 8, 2021
These are instructions on how to use Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool to flash or install the stock firmware on any Xiaomi Smartphone and tablet.
Requirements: Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool will only work on the Xiaomi Devices running on Qualcomm Chipset. It will not support the Xiaomi Devices, which are not running on Qualcomm Chipset.
Install Firmware using the Xiaomi MI Flash Tool
- Download and extract the Xiaomi MiFlash Tool on the computer. After extracting the Tool, you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Open the Setup File to install Xiaomi MiFlash Tool on your computer.
- Download Stock Firmware (fastboot file) of your Xiaomi Device (if in case, you have already downloaded the Stock Firmware, then SKIP this Step or else you can find the Xiaomi Stock Firmware on Xiaomi ROM or FirmwareFile or through Google).
- Now, you need to install the Xiaomi USB Driver on your Computer (you can also download the Xiaomi USB Driver separately).
- Turn Off your Xiaomi Device.
- Boot your Xiaomi Device into the Download Mode (fastboot mode). To boot into the download mode: Press and Hold Power + Volume Down button for 6-8 seconds.
- Once the device is booted into the Download Mode, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Connect the Xiaomi Device to the Computer using the USB cable.
- Now, Open Xiaomi MiFlash Tool from Start Menu.
- Once Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool is launched you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, Click on the Select Button and locate the Firmware Folder.
- Now, Click on Flash Button to begin the Flashing Process.
- Once the flashing process is completed, you will be able to see the Success Message in Xiaomi Flash Tool.
[*] Compatibility: You can follow the above tutorial to flash stock firmware on almost all the Xiaomi Devices which are running on Qualcomm Chipset.
[*] Xiaomi Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Xiaomi Stock Firmware page.
[*] Xiaomi USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Xiaomi USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: Xiaomi Flash Tool is created by Xiaomi Mobility INC. So, full credit goes to them for sharing the Flash Tool for free.