How to use Towelroot App to root Android Devices
Updated on August 4, 2021
These are instructions on how to root the Android Devices (running between Android 2.2 to Android 4.4) using the Towelroot App.
Requirements: Your Device should have at least 10-20 percent of battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Android Device using the TowelRoot App
- Enable installation of 3 party Apps on Android Device. To Enable, Open Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown Sources > Tap on the Checkbox to enable it.
- Download and install TowelRoot Application on your device. Once installation is completed you will be able to see the TowelRoot icon in the App Menu.
- Tap on the TowelRoot App icon to Open it.
- Once TowelRoot Application is launched, you will be able to see the following screen on your Device:
- Tap on the Make it Rain button to root the device.
- Now, you will be able to see the TowelRoot success Message on the Mobile Screen.
- Your Android Device is Rooted! To check whether your phone is rooted correctly, open App Drawer, you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU. If this app exists, then it means you have successfully rooted the device.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker App.
[*] No data loss process: Your device like contacts, pictures, videos, music and etc will be not affected with the above method.
[*] Device Warranty: Once you have fully unrooted the device through SuperSU, you can claim for the device warranty.
[*] How to unroot: To unroot, Open SuperSU App > Settings > Tap on Full Unroot.
[*] Supports up to Android Kitkat: Towelroot is able to root the Android devices running between Android 2.2 to Android 4.4 in a Single Tap. It doesn’t support Android 5.0 and beyond.
[*] Alternative Apps: There are several One-Click Root Apps are available, including Kingroot App, Framaroot App, iRoot App, RootGenius App, and 360 Root App.
[*] Credits: TowelRoot App is created and distributed by GeoHot (XDA Developer). So, full credit goes to him for sharing the App for free.