How to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L
Updated on February 1, 2020
These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L using the pre-rooted Stock Rom (android 4.1.1 base-XXUBAM).
Requirements: Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L should have at least 30-40 percent of battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L
- Download and Install Samsung USB Driver on your computer (if in case Samsung USB Driver already installed on the computer then SKIP this step).
- Download and extract the root files on your computer. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Power Off your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L.
- Now, you have to enter into Download Mode on your phone by Pressing Volume Down Key, Home Button and Power key at same time for 5-8 seconds until you entered to the download mode.
- In the Download mode you will be able to see a Warning Triangle Sign. In this situation you have to press the Volume up key to continue.
- Now, Open Odin3 (found in the extracted folder, that you have downloaded in the Step#2) on your computer. Then connect your phone to the computer.
- Once you have connected the phone to the computer, Oden will automatically recognize the device and show “Added” message at the lower-left panel.
- Once your device detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the I8190LUBAMA1 PRE-ROOTED.tar file (you have extracted this file in step#2).
- Now, click on the Start button in Odin to begin the Flashing. Once the flash process is completed your phone will restart automatically.
- Once you see, the Green Pass Message then remove the USB cable from the device (during this process, your device will restart automatically).
- Now your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L is Rooted. To check whether your phone is rooted correctly, open Applications Menu, there you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU. If this app exists then it means you have successfully rooted your device.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker Application.
[*] Data Loss Process: Flashing Pre-Rooted Stock ROM is always a data loss procedure. So, always take backup of your personal data before flashing the Stock ROM.
[*] How to Unroot? To unroot Open SuperSU > Settings > Full Unroot.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device then head over to Download Samsung Stock Firmware for all devices page.
[*] Samsung USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device then head over to Download Samsung USB Driver for all devices page.
[*] Credits: The Pre-Rooted firmware used in this tutorial is made available by Faria (XDA Developer). Very thanks for the firmware, without it the above tutorial was not possible.