These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L using the pre-rooted Stock ROM (android 4.1.1 base-I8190LUBAMA1).
Requirements: Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L should have at least 30-40 percent of battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L
- Download and Install Samsung USB Driver on the computer. If in case Samsung USB Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract the root files on your computer. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Power Off your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L.
- After switching-off the phone, you need to boot into Download Mode. To boot into download mode Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power button at same time for 5-8 seconds until download mode is active.
- In the Download mode you will be able to see a Warning Yellow/White Triangle Sign. In this situation you have to press the Volume Up key to Continue.
- Now, Open Odin3 (found in the extracted files, that you have downloaded in the Step#2) on your computer. Then connect your Smartphone to the computer.
- Once you have connected the Smartphone to the computer, Odin will automatically recognize the device and displays Added message at the Log Area.
- Once your device detected by Odin, Click on the AP/PDA button and select the I8190LUBAMA1 PRE-ROOTED.tar file (you have extracted this file in step#2).
- Now, click on the Start button in Odin to begin the Flashing.
- Flashing usually takes 30-50 seconds to complete the rooting process on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190L. Once Rooting process got completed, you will be able to see a Green Box with Pass written on it in Odin. During this process Smartphone will re-boot automatically.
- Now, your Samsung GT-I8190L is Rooted. To check whether your phone is rooted correctly, open the Applications Menu, there you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU. If this app exists then it means you have successfully rooted your device.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker Application.
[*] Data Loss Process: Flashing Pre-Rooted Stock ROM is always a data loss process. Therefore, always take backup of your personal data before flashing the Pre-Rooted ROM.
[*] How to Unroot? To unroot Open SuperSU > Settings > Full Unroot.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Samsung Stock Firmware page.
[*] Samsung USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Samsung USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: The pre-rooted firmware used in the above tutorial is made available by Faria (XDA Developer). So, very thanks for the firmware; without it, the above tutorial was not possible.