These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 (running on Android 4.1.1 and 4.3) using Odin on Windows Computer.
Remember: Your Samsung Galaxy Nexus should have at-least 40-50 percent of battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 running on Android 4.1.1 and 4.3
- Download and install Galaxy Nexus USB driver on your computer. If Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers are already installed on your computer then skip this step.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Nexus Smartphone. To enable the USB debugging: Open Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging > Tap on the Checkbox to Enable it.
- Now, Power off your Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone.
- Now, you have to enable Fastboot Mode on your smartphone while it is power-off. To enable FastBoot Mode: Press and Hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Button at same time until FastBoot Mode is enabled.
- Download and extract Root files on your Windows Computer. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- From the extracted file, Open root-windows.bat.
- Once root-windows.bat is opened you will see the following window:
- Press any key from the keyboard of your computer to begin the rooting process.
- Now you will be able to see Unlock Bootloader Screen on your Smartphone. Select Yes using volume up/down button and power button to continue.
- Now, on the next screen you will be able to see the FastBoot Screen with Disabled Lock State (at button) which means you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of Galaxy Nexus.
- Now, Galaxy Nexus will automatically show red android logo and rooting process will continue. Once Rooting process is completed your Smartphone will restart automatically.
- Your Google Galaxy Nexus smartphone will take 2-3 minutes to restart. Once your smartphone is restarted successfully, you will be able to see the welcome screen.
- Now your Galaxy Nexus is rooted successfully. To confirm, Open App Drawer (menu) and you will be able to see a new Application installed called SuperSU. If you find this app then it means your device is rooted.
Optional: You an also verify the Root Status of your Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone using Root Checker Application.
[*] No data loss process: Your Data like contacts, pictures, videos, music and etc will be not affected with the above method.
[*] Warranty Void: Your Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone Warranty will be Void after following the above tutorial.
[*] Google Nexus Pixel Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Google Nexus Pixel Stock Firmware page.
[*] Google Nexus Pixel USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Google Nexus Pixel USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: The Samsung Galaxy Nexus Root Tool was created by Chainfire, so full credits goes to him for the root tool.