These are instructions on how to root Google Nexus 6P running on Android 7.0 Nougat using Chainfire-Auto-Root tool on Windows Computer.
Remember: Your Google Nexus 6P should have at least 40-50 percent of battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Google Nexus 6P running on Android 7.0
- Download and install Google Nexus 6P USB driver on your computer. If Google Nexus 6P USB drivers are already installed then skip this step.
- Now, you have to Enable USB Debugging on Your Nexus 6P. To enable Developer Options: Open Settings > About Phone > Tap on the Built Number for 6-8 times until developers option is enabled.
- Now, Again Go Back to the Settings > Developer Options > Enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Now, Power off your Nexus 6P Smartphone.
- Now, you have to enable Fastboot Mode on your smartphone while it is power-off. To enable FastBoot Mode: Press and Hold Volume Down and Power Button at same time until FastBoot Mode is enabled.
- Connect your smartphone to the computer.
- Download and extract AutoRoot Tool on your Windows Computer. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- From the extracted file, Open root-windows.bat.
- Once root-windows.bat is opened you will see the following window:
- Press any key from the keyboard of your computer to begin the rooting process.
- Now you will be able to see Unlock Bootloader Screen on your Smartphone. Select Yes using volume up/down button and power button to continue.
- Now, on the next screen you will be able to see the FastBoot Screen with Disabled Lock State (at button) which means you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of Nexus 6P.
- Now, Nexus 6P will automatically show red android logo and rooting process will continue. Once Rooting process is completed your Smartphone will restart automatically.
- Your Google Nexus 6P smartphone will take 2-3 minutes to restart. Once your smartphone is restarted successfully, you will be able to see the welcome screen.
- Now your Nexus 6P is rooted successfully. To confirm, Open App Drawer (menu) and you will be able to see a new Application installed called SuperSU. If you find this app then it means your device is rooted.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker App.
[*] No data loss process: Your Data like contacts, pictures, videos, music and etc will be not affected with this tutorial.
[*] Warranty Void: Your Google Nexus 6P Smartphone Warranty will be Void after following the above tutorial.
[*] Google Nexus Pixel Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Google Nexus Pixel Stock Firmware page.
[*] Google Nexus Pixel USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Google Nexus Pixel USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: The Nexus 6P Auto Root Tool was created by Chainfire, so full credits goes to him.