These are instructions on how to root Karbonn A15 (running on android 4.0.4) using the Android Root Unlock ToolKit on Windows Computer.
Requirements: Your Karbonn A15 smartphone should have at least 20-30 percent battery to perform the rooting process.
Root Karbonn A15 using Android Root Unlock ToolKit
- Download and install Karbonn A15 USB Driver on Windows Computer. If in case Karbonn A15 Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Karbonn A15 smartphone. To Enable USB Debugging: Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging (Tick to enable it).
- Download and extract Android Root Unlock Toolkit on your computer. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Open ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat (you have extracted this in the above step).
- Once ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, connect your Karbonn A15 smartphone to the computer and allow ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat to recognize your smartphone (wait for 30 seconds). Once ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat recognize your device, Press Enter from keyboard to begin the rooting process.
- After Pressing the “Enter” key, ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat will start the daemon process and during this process, your phone will reboot automatically.
- That’s it. Now your Karbonn A15 is successfully Rooted. To check whether your tab is rooted correctly, open Applications Menu, there you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU. If this app exists then it means you have successfully rooted your Karbonn A15.
Optional: You can also verify the root status of your device by using the Root Checker App.
[*] No data loss process: Your Phone Data like contacts, pictures, videos, music and etc will be not affected with the above method. In short, no data loss process.
[*] How to unroot? To unroot your device, Open SuperSU > Settings > Full Unroot.
[*] Karbonn Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original Stock Firmware, then head over to the Karbonn Stock Firmware page.
[*] Karbonn USB Driver: If you are looking for the original USB driver, then head over to the Download Karbonn USB Driver page.